For Mele a Hakuwale 2023 singers will stay together in lovely house rentals very close to Rhiannon's farm, or near the water in Hilo, in small groups of 3-6 singers per location. We will share two beautiful farm dinners together at Leo Nani Farms to welcome you, and close our week together, daily lunches made with farm fresh ingredients, a day trip to the volcano and more. Regular swimming, organized evening meals and gatherings at the various houses are scheduled with singers after arrival. Also, some very special Hawaiian guests will enhance our time together as we take our journey on the Vocal River.
Additional travel info
Climate and clothing
- Please bring tie shoes and socks
- light weight long sleeved shirts and pants and a sweater for cool evenings.
- insect repellent and sun block
- Temperatures year round are in the 80's n the winter months and 90's in the summer months.
- Our average rain fall is about 30 inches and recommended clothing is beach wear, casual clothing, comfortable for singing and moving.
- beach towel
- You'll want to bring one warmer layer of clothing, i.e. sweatshirt and possible light rain gear or umbrella, for the volcanoes.
- Recommended: sun hats, sun block, sunglasses, beach wrap, bathing suits, slippers and sandals that are easy to remove
- Bring headlamps or flashlights.